Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Restorative Yoga - Eye Pillow



Coming up on October 23 I will be selling some items at a Textile Art Boutique at Quadrus Conference Center in Palo Alto. All the items will be made from free fabric I have been collecting from FabMo. So far I have made over 20 eye pillows to use when doing restorative yoga. They are 100% silk on the side that touches your face, and the patterned side is 100% cotton. They are filled with flax seeds and the cover is washable. They are unscented.

I highly recommend using them to help with relaxation and restorative or Yin Yoga. Restorative yoga was and continues to be very helpful as I recover from my concussion. Doing simple poses like "legs up the wall" for 15 minutes with one of these pillows over you eyes is very relaxing.

2 comments:

notthatlucas said...

Are you still panning to add your logo to these? Did the trade with the yoga place end up falling through? Why flax seeds? (A healthy snack if you get hungry while your legs are up the wall?)

These look really great!

Lorien Neargarder said...

Kim, the students of the yoga retreat were really impressed with your eye pillows! They were so happy, and I was so pleased to be able to share your beautiful work with them. You are a great talent!