Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bold Butterfly

This pillow was designed to sit on a brown chair in my front room. The four circles shifted position from center during the wet felting process, so I decided to turn it into a butterfly. The antennae were applied with needles.
The wool fibers are from Judith Colvin's lovely sheep. I just love the way the end product feels, lumps, bumps and all.
Prefelts drying in my backyard, such a nice blue. I plan to make a second pillow. This butterfly needs a friend.
We worked on my mom's pillows also. Paco needs to be apart of the day.

3 comments:

Carrie Fisher said...

Paco is just as pretty as the pillows! The butterfly turned out great- the antenna looks like it was planned.

notthatlucas said...

The butterfly is great! (And follows nicely from the caterpillar race pillow in the previous post.) Paco certainly approves.

Judith said...

Hi Kim, I haven't been blogging for awhile. Your pillows turned out great. And you dog is very cute.