Friday, February 5, 2010

Mary had a little lamb

More felt ornament making today. Mom and I worked on a new and improved version of Mary's lamb from the nursery rhyme. My sisters, and I have Mary, who is very sweet with a pink dress and she carries a staff, but we were missing her lamb. Thanks to Britta who asked Grandma to make one. Mom revised the original pattern to make the lamb's body rounder, his legs are thicker and she changed the shape of his head. The second photo below shows (from left to right) the original lamb, the new version, and two that are in progress. The pearls are flat on one side, so they are glued onto the felt. Each lamb took about four hours to make. What a great day, and look what we accomplished.

3 comments:

notthatlucas said...

I don't know much about lambs, but I feel confident in saying the new and improved version looks much better. And I always wondered how the pearls were done - but what if the wrong side is flat?

mo burnham said...

OMG Kim! The sheep are adorable!

mo burnham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.