Thursday, April 15, 2010

Recovery Tools


A few weeks after my accident in October, as I was beside myself with anxiety and confusion, my friend Luanne suggested I work on a textile project. She knew how happy I am when working with my hands and fabric. It was just the thing I needed to help me. She brought over a "jelly roll" made by Mode fabrics. A "jelly roll" is made of strips of coordinated fabrics, which you can use to create your own project. I decided to make a quilt, all by hand. It was very comforting to match up colors that I liked. In my mind I told myself, if I could finish this project, I would be on my way to getting healthy. Quilt started end of October 2009 - finished April 13, 2010.


2 comments:

notthatlucas said...

That quilt looks great! I'm still not getting what a jelly roll is though - I guess I can't past thinking it has to involve a bakery.

Quilts are really hard to do by hand, but there is a huge reward when you are done.

I-Din said...

Great job, Kim!
I've always been in love with quilt since I visited Amish County (Pensylvania) 15 yrs ago :-)

I wish I can do this myself someday.